Saturday, June 4, 2011

My answer to "two word tags"

This is my answer to a Question on Support site for LampCMS project


I personally think 2-word tags is not a good idea. I thought about it but I don't remember exact reason why I decided the 2-words tags are bad idea, but at that time there was a good reason for that. One reason is it makes it easier for end-user to enter tags and now worry about forgetting to include comma.

As far as comma separated - yes, currently comma could be used as well as space.
For 2-word tags you would have to use underscore or dashed between words.

The Good thing about tags on this site is that any char is allowed in tags, including UTF-8 char, so even non-English alphabet could be used in tags. This support for Unicode chars in tags is a big deal, this feature is not supported on many other Q&A sites. Also even non-letters like % are allowed in tags, so a 100% would be a valid tag.


No comments:

Post a Comment