Monday, May 9, 2011

Should we use simpler Link and Image tool in Editor?

My Question on Support site for LampCMS project

I know that adding link in Editor brings up a form that is somewhat messed-up, some times more messed up than others. I found that the Editor resize utility, while is kind-of cool and I like it, cases the problem with the link form and also with image form (we don't have image tool right now but I tested it)

So the solution would be to either get rid of resize utility in Editor or use simple prompts to enter url for link and url for image.

The Editor will still be auto-resizable, meaning when you keep typing longer posts and need more height, the Editor will just auto-expand.

You can also see examples of simple Link and Image tools here on YUI demo page: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/editor/simple_adv_editor.html

I am leaning more towards getting rid of resize and keeping advanced link and image options, but this is still open for discussion.

Click here to post your reply


No comments:

Post a Comment