Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My answer to "LampCMS vs OSQA.net"

This is my answer to a Question on Support site for LampCMS project


Yes, but it's Python and also uses Django framework and MySQL or some other type of Relational database. This program uses php and MongoDB. It's also light, no unnecessary frameworks, I wrote 90% of classes myself, the 10% is paginator from PEAR, EventDispatcher which I rewtore for php 5.3 and ACL from Zend which I also modified to be fully serializable to the ACL object can be stored in cache.

Another class from PEAR is HTML Sanitizer which is pretty good if used together with optional php tidy extension.

This program also has read/write REST API, not documented yet but you can search this forum for API. Basically you can already create some type of APP with it, be it for Android, HTML5 based app or just integrate with another program.

API even has feature to allow developers to register their own app, just you would do on Twitter developer site, can even upload your apps image.

There is still alot of work to be done, I plan to continue working on it every time I have some extra time.

1 comment: