Sunday, December 18, 2011

Updates to Facebook API

My Question on Support site for LampCMS project

As was noticed by one of the users, there is a problem with the "logout" action. I traced this problem to the Facebook Javascript API.

So I started investigating further and it turned out that Facebook has updated their APIs a couple of month ago and on December 13 the old APIs no longer working.

That's the reason for our problems with logout and with login using facebook button.

I will be rewriting our own Facebook API now. I will be using the official facebook php sdk this time.

This is not a difficult thing for me to do, normally stuff like that will take 2 days - one to write, another day to test and debug. The problem is that I'm not going to have 2 days untill Christmas, so the updates will be available after Christmas, but maybe even sooner. I have already started writing the new Client to Facebook API.

Click here to post your reply


No comments:

Post a Comment