Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My answer to "Mongo DB question in Config"

This is my answer to a Question on Support site for LampCMS project


I will look into that. What I can suggest is to add the 3rd server to your replica set.
From what I understand about mongo replication is that the members of replicate set vote to elect the new primary when old primary goes down.

Read this documentation.

http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/replica-set-elections/

From the documentation:

"If you have a three-member replica set, where every member has one vote, the set can elect a primary as long as two members can connect to each other. If two members are unavailable, the remaining member remains a secondary because it cannot connect to a majority of the set's members. If the remaining member is a primary and two members become unavailable, the primary steps down and becomes and secondary."



No comments:

Post a Comment