Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My answer to "Most Voted and Most Active questions doesn't work"

This is my answer to a Question on Support site for LampCMS project


The thing about these "Most votes" tabs is that the results are calculated from "the last 7 days"
This basically means "Most voted in the last 7 days"
I just voted up one of the questions and it started appearing in the "Most voted" tabs.

The reason for using the results from 7 days is because if you use the "all time" most voted, then usually there will be several very higly voted questions that will end up always appearing at the top of most voted, even if the questions are from a year ago.

On a fairly popular website with decent amount of voting activity the 7-days period is a good thing but if it's not what you want then you will need to tweak the code because I did not make this period configurable.

I will try to add this configuration to the next version.

No comments:

Post a Comment