Sunday, August 5, 2012

Updated to PR2 and PR3 branches. Working of phar based distribution.

My Question on Support site for LampCMS project

Just want to give you an update of what I'm working on now.
I am currently working on 2 branches: PR2 and PR3

The work in PR2 includes support for INTL library. Mainly the formatting of date/time based on user's selected locale. Also using the intl library it will be possible to show timezone's selection menu translated into user's language. The translated names of all timezones are available in the php's intl library which is great, so we don't have to add these translations manually to our xliff files.

That's the current work on the PR2 branch.

At the same time I am also working of the support for phar based distribution of Lampcms library.

The idea is to have just one lampcms.phar file that will replace all the files in the lib directory, including the PEAR and SWIFT mailer folders. I have just started working on it, I am not 100% sure if I will succeed in this but I'm optimistic.

I know that having an option to download a new version of a .phar file and upload to your server will be a much easier way to upgrade to the latest release.

Since I'm working on these 2 branches at the same time I'm not sure which one will be done first, but of cause I'm trying to complete PR2 tasks first.

Click here to post your reply


No comments:

Post a Comment