Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Server was down

My Question on Support site for LampCMS project

This site as well as www.lampcms.com was down today. There was some problem with the hard disk, I had to run fsck to fix the file system. Not exactly sure what the problem was. What happend was - Linux switched the file system to read-only mode. This caused all kinds of problems.

Anyway, I ran the fsck and restarted the server early in the morning but did not have time to do anything else - had to leave to go to work.

Now I came back from work, ssh to server, noticed that php-fpm was not running. Started it up and we are back.

I think I'll be moving to different host - found a better deal for a dedicated server - a little bit cheaper and will have more RAM.

I also decided to move the static pages of www.lampcms.com to the github - they host project pages for free, so I figured why not? github seems to be pretty reliable.

Click here to post your reply


1 comment:

  1. hi, server is down today again. Also, I get the exact same error when I try to run my server on my linux box, how can this be related?

    and finally, are you Romanian?? :D great job with the software by the way!

    ReplyDelete