Friday, May 4, 2012

My answer to "Can we use lampcms in production ?"

This is my answer to a Question on Support site for LampCMS project


About AOL, Google, Yahoo and OpenID login - these no longer work. They used to be a part of a Google Friend Connect service. Unfortunately Google discontinued this service recently.
I have just removed these buttons from this site, I will also remove all the Friend Connect related code from the program soon.

So now we are left with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn login.

I will have to add Login with Google using Google's API. I have not decided on Yahoo login support. I don't think I will be adding OpenID support.

The categories links do not work because I have not added rewrite rules for category urls. Category support is very new, just added recently. Originally Lampcms had support only for tags and I was not even planning on categories but because many people requested it, I have added categories which also support unlimited sub-categories.

You can use the program in production if you want, but at least wait for me to add rewrite rules and update css files to better support categories. I plan on doing it in the next 3 days.

Also this is still a beta version. For a pre-release I plan on changing the url model and it will not use rewrite rules, will instead use url routing model similar to how it's done in CodeIgniter or Symfony frameworks

The Pre-release will also fully support multi-site installation and also support for installation in non-root web directory, so people will be able to just add Lampcms to existing site in own sub-directory

1 comment: